weekend wrapup: florida

It feels like forever since I’ve blogged!
Last week I left for a trip to Florida with my mother to see my grandmother.  My grandma is 89 and not doing super well so I agreed to go down with my mom to check on things and get a mini vacay out of it.  Despite the pictures, the trip was super stressful and exhausting.  It’s amazing the effects that stress, compounded with car accident injuries, can have on your body.  Yes, I’m totally complaining about a trip to Florida.  Wah! 
We stayed at the Colony Hotel and Cabana in Delray Beach.  If you’re ever in the Delray area, I highly recommend this little hotel in the heart of downtown Delray Beach.  It has a bed and breakfast type of feel to it.  It was built in the 1920s and revamped over the years but the architecture of the hotel was really cool.  It even has the original elevator from the 1920s that is staff operated.
My mom and I spent most of the trip shuffling back and forth to grandma’s house and dodging the monsoon-like weather.  We did manage to get 2 hours in on the beach on both Tuesday and Thursday though, which was nice.  
The hotel has a private beach and cabana club with a pool.  I found this kitty there and stalked him until I got one good picture of him.  Apparently he’s a stray who calls the cabana club home.   I called him Creepy Kitty and then decided that Harold was a better name. The staff takes care of him and informed me that his name is Dimitri because he’s a Russian Blue (whatever that is, I know nothing about cats).  
Butttttt, I still called him Harold because I like old man names for animals.
Without fail, I took pictures of my outfits during the trip.  Unfortunately the lighting was best in the hotel bathroom, so there is a toilet in my pics.  I tried to keep it classy and at least put the seat down.
Once the rain cleared up I had my mom snap a few shots of me.  This is my “oh look, I’m standing on some yellow thing” look, followed by my “draw me like one of your naked French girls” pose.  Thankfully, my mother knows I’m crazy and indulged my antics.
I managed to get a little shopping in at an awesome store called Sequin.  I was a kid in a candy shop in there.  The bracelets were literally overflowing in bowls.  I tried on about 50 of them and came home with two.  
By Saturday I was soooo ready to come home.  I’m still dizzy from the concussion and my back is killing me so 5 days of heat and hotels and grandma’s 30 year old couches was my limit.  
I spent most of Saturday in the airport air conditioning because my mom likes to sit around and wait 3 hours for planes.  It was cool at least and gave us some time to decompress before coming home.
Like mother, like daughter.
How was your week/weekend?

I’m linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *