Tonight I ditched an event that I was supposed to attend in order to go home and grade Bar prep essays. Apparently that’s my version of relaxing nowadays which is totally awesome for someone whose sense of humor lends itself to self-deprecation and sarcasm. Look at me being fabulous in boxers grading papers on the couch. (twirls)
Anyway, after I had settled down and made a mental list of why I was a poor poodle and how I’d rather be anywhere but “here” at this very moment in time, something miraculous happened. I realized that no matter how sucky my life seems right now, or at least how much less stressed I wish I was right now, it could be worse.
Mind-blowing, I know.
But sometimes we need something to smack us upside the head and put things back into perspective. So I pumped myself up with the following comparisons to less fortunate people because I’m mature like that.
THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT LIFE:
- I’m not anyone in the Jason Aldean songs I was listening to tonight–not the girl in Why, not someone stuck in a Church Pew or Barstool kind of town, and certainly not the girl crying Black Tears.
- I’m not one of the students whose Bar prep essays I’m grading. I’ve been there and its 10000% worse on the other side of the essay (added bonus: I’m making money off of their misery).
- I’m not related to this dude who smuggled drugs under his stomach fat (but I do give him credit for being inventive).
- I haven’t drank urine-tainted water in Pennsylvania.
- I have more sense than to engage in group lovin’ in a car without a working parking break (NSFW).
This is totally creepy but I'm pretty sure I saw you at BBY and felt awkward being that person to come up and say hi! Love your blog and pics, always very entertaining!
hahaha urine tainted water. You never know how it could be worse, until you read the news.
Ewww urine tainted water!! OMG the parking break story is freaking hilarious!!! At least you are none of those people!
All of these things are hilarious; also, I do that to remind myself too; also, how did you get hooked up grading Bar essays? <br /><br />(Maddy from <a href="http://madeleineblogs.com" rel="nofollow">madeleine | blogs</a>)
Bahahaha… smuggling drugs under stomach fat. When I worked at the hospital one of the emergency techs once found a REMOTE CONTROL in someone's rolls when they gave them their sponge bath… the person said: "I've been looking for that!" No joke! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
Drinking urine water and drugs in belly fat?! Gosh, those just seem made up but people really do them! #peoplebecrazy
I died laughing at the car threesome thing. Come on people!
Is grading the papers part of your job or something on the side? Sounds thrilling! HA!